FYI: getting data from an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Sun Sep 3 14:37:47 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I just noticed I still had the "no archive" header on, which is rather
stupid. If I want to make life easier for people, the information I
posted in this thread should be archived! Here is a small summary:

Get data from an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet with a Python script. It
works on the currently opened spreadsheet, so you can just as well
open an Excel sheet in OpenOffice.org and get the data from that.
http://www.stuvel.eu/archive/28/getting-data-from-an-openofficeorg-spreadsheet

Saving the currently opened OpenOffice.org spreadsheet to an Excel
sheet with just a few lines of Python code. There are still people
that favour MS Office and request Excel output from software. This is
easily done with OpenOffice.org and Python:
http://www.stuvel.eu/archive/29/ooo-spreadsheet-to-excel-with-python

Sybren
--
Sybren Stüvel