Python blogging software

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sat Sep 16 23:36:37 EDT 2006

Fuzzyman wrote:

> Because it is client side (rather than running on the server), it has
> no built in comments facility. I use Haloscan for comments, but I'm
> always on the look out for a neat comments system to integrate with
> Firedrop.
>
> I personally prefer the 'client side' approach, as it makes migrating
> content to another server trivially easy.

a wise person you are.  I've often thought that most of the pages
generated by web frameworks (except for active pages) should be cached
once rendered.

as to the comment system, I've been very disappointed by most blog
comment capabilities because they actively hinder the ability for
commenters to interact with each other.  what I would like to see is a
short-life (i.e. three day) mailing list where the message history is
stored as if it were blog comments.

The advantage of this technique is you can follow the comments without
constantly checking in on the blog And you can actually build a
community which interacts more easily than they do today.

Yes, you could build a web form techniques but the main advantage of Web
forms over mailing lists is that they fill your mailbox with messages
telling you that you have a message instead of delivering the message
itself.

it would be interesting to see if one could build this capability
into/out of mailman.  I really hate reinventing the wheel unless the
wheel is square and I need a round one.  :-)

---eric