creating a small test server on my local computer

Fri Sep 29 15:13:14 EDT 2006

Irmen de Jong wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>> Ok, this is completely unnecessary so I don't intend to get into stuff
>> that's beyond my skill, but I'm wondering how simple it would be to
>> use Python to create a server that runs on my computer so I can test
>> my webpages (because otherwise I have to keep sending them to our IT
>> person so he can upload them to the server).
>
> Why do you need to use Python for the server?

Well, perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm on an XP machine
and I just needed a way to test my web pages, and I thought Python could
be used to create a server to do this. But I know nothing about network
programming...