HTTP GET Explodes...

Pete harbingerofpeace at post.com
Sat Sep 23 21:38:08 EDT 2006

Fade in to episode II...

> This is compiling a *constant* regular expression, and works OK on the
> Windows distribution of Python 2.4.3 :

Hmmmm. Here's the version information stuff:

Python 2.4.2 (#1, Feb 12 2006, 03:59:46)
[GCC 4.1.0 20060210 (Red Hat 4.1.0-0.24)] on linux2

I'm going to upgrade Python and see if that has any effect...
I'm running this on a Fedora Core 5 box...

> You appear to be running 2.4.n; what is n, and exactly which *x
> platform are you running it on? Perhaps a file in /usr/lib/python2.4 is
> corrupt, but we won't know until you give the *full* traceback. Do you
> get the same results when you try what I did at the interpreter
> interactive prompt?

The error I received was from the interactive prompt thing. Is there
some way I can get more verbose information or something that would be
more helpful?

Thanks,
Pete