How to Catch 2 Exceptions at once?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Sep 30 21:43:20 EDT 2006

Gregory Piñero wrote:
> How can I catch 2 exceptions at once for example:
>
>         try:
>             self.gses = opener.open(req)
>         except (urllib2.HTTPError,urllib2.URLError):
>             do something..
>
> Seems to work, but how do I also get information about the error?

As usual, by adding an additional name after the exception specification:

         try:
             self.gses = opener.open(req)
         except (urllib2.HTTPError,urllib2.URLError), exdata:
             do something with exdata ...

Pedantically speaking, of course, you aren't catching two exceptions at
once because they don't occur simultaneously: you are writing a
statement that catches either of two exceptions.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119