Installing 2.5 with 2.4?

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Sep 19 10:38:02 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:

> Hi all. Just curious, before I do it myself, about the best way to
> install 2.5 if it's the only version I want to use. Should I uninstall
> 2.4 first? Does 2.5 replace 2.4? I doubt the latter, but if I install
> 2.5, does that mean I need to reinstall all the extensions I had for 2.4
> again, or does 2.5 detect them somehow?

Without an OS given, difficult answer. Generally, you can assume that there
is no need to ditch one version because you use another, they don't
interfer with each other. Only which one is perceived as "current" might
change and alter some behavior.

However, you have to install all extensions again, that is for sure. And
most probably some of them won't work so far, as they might need some
modification or at least time to make them available as binary.

Diez