CONSTRUCT - Adding Functionality to the Overall System

MonkeeSage MonkeeSage at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 13:22:51 EDT 2006

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> where do I place this function...

The place where you want it to be.

> ...thus it becomes available within class "Foo" and all other Classes?

Anything defined in the top-level (i.e., the sys.modules['__main__']
namespace) is accessible in every scope...but I assume you already know
that.

You could also use a super-duper super class from which to derive all
your other classes, and add/replace any methods you want there:

class lazaridis(object):
  def evaluate(self, community):
    if 1 is 1:
      print "Evaluating %s... Result: failed!" % community

class Foo(lazaridis, str):
  pass

f=Foo('This has been a test of the lazaridis evaluation system')
f.evaluate('Python')
f.evaluate('Ruby')
f.evaluate('Java')
print f

> Something like a central import?

That would probably be the most logical thing to do.

But again, I assume you already know all this, so why are you asking?
Is this part of the evaluation process?

Regards,
Jordan