A critique of cgi.escape

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 13:20:41 EDT 2006

In article <mailman.585.1159204290.10491.python-list at python.org>, Brian Quinlan wrote:
>> Now you're just being ridiculous. In this thread you have been rude,
>> evasive, insulting, vague, hypocritical, and have failed to answer
>> substantive points in favour of sarcastic and erroneous sniping - I'd
>> suggest it's you that needs to worry about being taken seriously.
>
> Actually, at least in the context of this mailing list, Fredrik doesn't
> have to worry about that at all. Why? Because he is one of the most
> prolific contributers to the Python language and libraries

I would have hoped that people don't treat that as a licence to be
obnoxious, though. I am aware of Fredrik's history, which is why I
was somewhat surprised and disappointed that he was being so rude
and unpleasant in this thread. He is not living up to his reputation
at all. Maybe he's having a bad day ;-)