blt error using py2exe

Agathe Sørflaten as at akvaplan.niva.no
Fri Sep 15 05:32:26 EDT 2006

Hello!

I have problem of using a exe file (it did well to make the exe file with py2exe) with the blt to make gui programs with graphics with windows. It seems to work well on my computer, but when running the .exe file on another computer I got the message:

Exception in Tkinter callback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1345, in __call__

File "SIT_graphics_testing.py", line 910, in next2

File "P:\Forsk\_diverse administrasjon FORSK\SIT New Version by AS\dist2\PmwBlt.py", line 99, in __init__

TclError: invalid command name "::blt::vector"

Exception _tkinter.TclError: 'invalid command name "::blt::vector"' in

The folder is dist2/tcl/tcl8.4 and tk8.4 and where blt2.4 is under tcl8.4. I use version python 2.4 and py2exe 0.6.5

So is the problem that the path for tcl/tk is not included in the path variable on other computers that mine? Do I need to install the python, pmw, blt, tcl/tk on the other computer as well?

I have copied pmw.py (made by using bundlepmw.py) and pmwblt.py and pmwcolor.py into the dist2 folder in the process of making an exe-file.

I really hope that someone can help me!

Agathe Sorflaten