CONSTRUCT -

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Tue Sep 12 20:37:34 EDT 2006

Steve Holden wrote:
> Simon Forman wrote:
> > Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> >>you're somewhat new here, right ? ;-)
> >>

> > Yah, I've been posting here about three months now.   Why, did I miss
> > something?  :-)
> >
> Yes: the previous posts from the same poster. Ilias Lazaridis'
> communications can be a little obscure, to say the least, and it's
> apparent that his approach to language evaluaation doesn't emphasize
> community experience too heavily. Still, it takes all sorts to make a
> newsgroup ...

I'm not evaluation python anymore, I've selected it:

http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Lang

At this point, I just try to make it fit my personal requirements:

http://case.lazaridis.com/ticket/6

As a flexible dynamic language, python should allow me to change it a
little.

but, as said:

"
What I would need to know is:

a) what would be the correct term for "identifier"?

b) is there a standard way to implement such an access mechanism in an
generic way?

c) is there an advanced mechanism available, which would allow to
implement a prefix (e.g. %name)
"

You've anwered question b).

Additionally, I had read an PEP which referenced this case, but cannot
find it again. It would be nice to have some answers to the topic, thus
this thread has at least some value for people finding it in archives
(those which agree with me that __name__ has a low readability).

.