Leave the putdowns in the Perl community, the Python world does not need them

Timothy Grant timothy.grant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:17:26 EDT 2006

On 25 Sep 2006 07:35:45 -0700, rdsteph at mac.com <rdsteph at mac.com> wrote:
> Metaperl,
>
> Steve makes a good point. Fredrik is one of the most important
> contributors of Python code, tools, etc and as far as I am concerned,
> that is so important that it gives him the right to be cranky from tiem
> to time.
>
> If somebody like me were to get cranky and negative, on the other hand,
> that would be unacceptable.
>
> Actual production of useful code is of paramount importance ;-))
>
> Ron Stephens

I just checked google groups and my first post to this newsgroup was
back in April of 98. I'd been lurking for likely a year prior to that.

That little bit of introduction is simply to say something I'm sure
Fredrik will hate to hear....

He's mellowed over the years.

Steve is 100% correct, if Fredrik says your wrong (even if he says it
not very nicely) You ought to stop and reconsider your opinion.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.