should urlparse return user and pass in separate components?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Sep 7 17:08:39 EDT 2006

    metaperl> I personally would prefer that it be broken down a bit
    metaperl> further. What are existing opinions on this?

I believe there have been noises made in this direction, and not that long
ago.  If a backward-compatible way of solving this problem could be worked
out, I imagine this could go in 2.6.  If not, such a change would probably
have to wait until 3.0.  I'm sure there are plenty of applications in the
wild that rely on the current behavior.  You might try searching the bugs
and patches on SF to see if someone's already submitted a patch.  If so,
feel free to try it out and add a review comment.

Skip