accessing the DHCP Server Management API

GHUM haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 09:26:58 EDT 2006

Hello,

I need to get a list of active leases on a windows dhcp server.

Experts from Microsoft statet:

""""
A: Go to the Address leases of each scope in the DHCP snap-in and dump
the leases to a text file from the DHCP server snap-in. The text file
gives you all the information for every active lease. You might also
want to query the DHCP server management API:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dhcp/dhcp/dhcpenumsubnetclients.asp.

""""
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/trans/windowsnet/wnet_05_0303.mspx)

Option A is not really an option for programmatic access :)

So my question: Has anyone accessed the DHCP Server Management API from
Python before? I googled my browser smoking with hopes that that API
might be accessible via WMI, but to no avail for me.

Any recommendation how to access this information via Python? pyDHCPSMA
anyone?

Harald