QuoteSQL

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Sep 24 16:24:48 EDT 2006

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <slrneha9ng.k6.sybrenUSE at schuimige.stuvel.eu>, Sybren Stuvel
> wrote:
>

>>Lawrence D'Oliveiro enlightened us with:
>>
>>>Why doesn't MySQLdb provide a function like this:
>>
>>Because generally you're able to pass newlines and the like just fine.
>>You can even store binary data into a BLOB column.
>

> Yes, I have done blobs. Still need a quoting function for the specials,
> though.

No, actually you need to use the DB API as it was intended to be used.

You think Booleans' invert behaviour is strange, you think that
cgi.escape is broken, and you think Python needs a SQLquote function.

It might be a good idea to lurk for a bit longer and get more idea of
how Python is used in practice before starting to suggest spurious
improvements.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119