naming objects from string

manstey manstey at csu.edu.au
Thu Sep 21 01:21:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions. this is my problem:

I have a metadata file that another user defines, and I don't know
their structure in advance. They might have 300+ structures. the
metadata defines the name and the tuple-like structure when read by
python.

my program reads in the metadata file and then generates python tuples
corresponding to their structures.

so they might provide a list of names, like 'bob','john','pete', with 3
structures per name, such as 'apple','orange','red' and I need 9 tuples
in my code to store their data:

bob_apple=()
bob_orange=()
..
pete_red=()

I then populate the 9 tuples with data they provide in a separate file,
and the filled tuples are then validated against the metadata to make
sure they are isomorphic.

Is this clear?

thanks