threading

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 5 15:14:49 EDT 2006

    matt> From what I understand in order to guarantee thread safety Python
    matt> implements an Global Interpreter Lock. Which removes the
    matt> concurrency, but provides thread safety. Is Python 2.4 still like
    matt> this and if I used Python to handle rpc requests and responses
    matt> would it be efficient in a multithreaded sense.  Always listen
    matt> while another thread sends responses?

Should be no problem.  For all practical purposes the GIL is a problem only
if your code is CPU-bound.

Skip