win32service (wxpython) -- i cannot install service

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Wed Sep 13 18:10:39 EDT 2006

kkt49 wrote:
> under code service install => ok
>
>     _svc_name_ = r'moin_service'
>     _svc_display_name_ = r'moin_service'
>     start_cmd = r"c:\mmde\moin.exe"
>     #info = ['', '', '']
>
>     def __init__(self):
>         #self._svc_name = info[0]
>         #self._svc_display_name_ = info[1]
>         #self.start_cmd = info[2]
>
> but, i want dynamic _svc_name_  and start_cmd

Services aren't dynamic in nature.  They are static, are
given names (that are used to start, stop, etc.) and get
installed into servicemanager on Windows workstation or
server.  Their behavior could be dynamic, that is you could
change what they do by communicating with them via external
means.

I think you better back up and tell us what you are trying
to do at a higher level.  Perhaps we can help more.

-Larry