How to build extensions on Windows?

Kevin D. Smith Kevin.Smith at sas.com
Thu Sep 7 09:02:59 EDT 2006

I've written a simple Python extension for UNIX, but I need to get it
working on Windows now.  I'm having some difficulties figuring out how
to do this.  I've seen web pages that say that MS Visual Studio is
required, and other that say that's not true, that MinGW will work.
Then there is Mike Fletcher's web page
(http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/) that describes in
detail how to build extensions, but most of the links to external
software are no longer valid.  I think it's safe to say that I am
completely lost, as there appears to be no authoritative, up-to-date
description on how to make this work.

--
Kevin D. Smith