Problem Coordinating Python and OpenLDAP

Javier Subervi javier_subervi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 11:26:44 EDT 2006

Hi;
I'm on FreeBSD 6.1. In order to integrate Python into LDAP I have to intstall an interpreter called py-ldap2 (in my case). I installed it from the ports but when I go to my python interpreter and enter "import ldap" it tells me the module can't be found. What am I doing wrong? I got this at the end of my installation of py-ldap2:

===>   Registering installation for py24-ldap2-2.2.0
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22: "/usr/ports/1" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
openldap-sasl-client-2.3.27: "/usr/ports/1" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
py24-ldap2-2.2.0: "/usr/ports/1" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete

Is this a problem? I've tried installing those ports, the first is in, the second I couldn't find and the third is the one I thought I just finished installing! What gives?
TIA,
Javier
3