XPN 0.6.5 released

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Sat Sep 16 13:43:28 EDT 2006

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Franz Steinhäusler" scriveva:

> Ah, great. I changed, this was not working immediatly.
> So I remembered, most often you have to restart the App, and so its is
> working.

Here is working fine.

> Small Notice: There was the warning then: Another Instance is running,
> I pressed yes.

XPN uses the file xpn.lock to see if there is another istance running,
if the program is not closed correctly it doesn't remove this file so
you get the warning.

>>that's an optimization I've thinking about for a while ... but at the
>>moment I don't know how to implement it.
> I see, you have to remember after refreshing the list the position and
> the state of the folding. I can imagine, this is not trivial.

That's right. You should also remember the open/closed threads ... at
least the one with the article selected.

> I'm sure, I will discover some more useful things about your program!
> In some cases, it already beats forte agent!

Thank you. Agent is (was) a great software I've been using it for a long
time.

> Some remarks:

> * threads are somtimes not assigned correctly, this means, that
> one thread is divided into two.
> I subscribed to wxPyhton mailing list in gmane, and there is:
> One thread
> Applications written in wxPyhton
> and another
> RE: Applications written in wxPyhton

threading is based on the References header and then on the subject, you
can have problems with mailing-lists cause mail-agents sometimes do not
produce the References header but only the In-Reply-To.
Another problem could be the date, before building the threads XPN
reorders the articles by date ... but if the date in the article is
wrong it can confuse the threads.

> but this (is) or should be *one* thread.

Yes.

> * the enter key is not working in some dialogs (for example in search)
> and Esc to cancel the dialog. (or is that a gkt issue?)

It's a focus issue, in the search dialog the focus is set on the entry.
The Esc key is not binded to any button by default.

> * the find dialog is sometimes not working

What exactly is not working?

> * to mark more than one article at one time (to be able to mark
> multiple articles at one as read, ...)

Yes but selecting more then one article introduces some difficulties I
preferred to avoid for the moment ;-)

--
Le donne spesso non sanno d'essere sedute sulla loro fortuna.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org