AN Intorduction to Tkinter

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Wed Sep 27 04:07:43 EDT 2006

The following is the answer I gave on py2exe-users at lists.sourceforge.net. Perhaps Fredrik can elaborate on the status of different versions of his excellent publication.

Tanner Ruschman wrote about "An Introduction to Tkinter" by Fredrik Lundh:

> > When I saw that it was written
> > (actually, copyrighted) in 1999, I figured that a new(er) version of
> > Tkinter had come out since then, changing how some of the code examples
> > work.
> >
> > Does anybody know of a guide as comprehensive as this, but written for
> > one of the more recent Tkinter modules?

You probably mean

    http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/

which is copyrighted 1999. There is also

    http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/

which I think is the most recent version of it. It states that it is
last updated in November 2005.

HTH
/Mikael Olofsson

Universitetslektor (Senior Lecturer [BrE], Associate Professor [AmE])
Linköpings universitet

E-Mail:  mikael at isy.liu.se
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/en/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343