windev vs python SOS

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Fri Sep 29 13:25:06 EDT 2006

aaaWindev at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bruno Desthuilliers a écrit :
>> I've never met a programmer that "loved" Windev.
>
> I have met some here (I'm the guy with a mustache-just kidding but
> actually I was there).
>
> http://www.pcsoft.fr/pcsoft/tdftech/2006/images/Paris/07-IMG_5853.jpg
>
> WinDev is widely used in France

"widely used" ? Widely marketed, for sure, but last time I had to find a
job, there where not that much Windev positions (3 in one year in the
fifth french city) - much less than Java or .NET or (whatever your
mainstream language here) - or even PHP/Javascript FWIW. And it was not
better in other major french locations...

(and please avoid us the usual marketing crap - been here, done that)

> and that's a thing because a lot of
> french programmers think that english tools "have to be better".

I think that's one of the dumbiest thing I've ever read.

Thread's over for me - keeping on polluting this group with anything
related to this crap is a total waste of resources.

--
bruno desthuilliers