best small database?

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Tue Sep 12 15:29:15 EDT 2006

Pierre Quentel wrote:

> - SnakeSQL : another SQL engine, less mature I think and very slow when
> I tested it

And strange bugs when I used it.

> - buzhug : Pythonic syntax (uses list comprehensions or methods like
> create(), select() on the db object), much faster than all the above.
> I'm obviously biaised : I wrote it...

Looks cool! Apperently there are still mavericks who believe in "Python
first" while all others prefer refering to "standards" or what they
personally believe those standards to be [1]

Just one stupid remark since the limits of my language are the limits
of my world: I've not the slightest association with the seemingly
nonsense word "buzhug" and don't even know how to pronounce it
correctly. Would you have the kindness to enlighten me/us ?

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/8ba5fb96d3117e46/6410ac0dbbf23931?hl=en#6410ac0dbbf23931