Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?

Paul Rubin http
Tue Sep 12 11:29:34 EDT 2006

"Mike Owens" <mikeowens at gmail.com> writes:
> > It's not the job of the System Test Engineer to design things.
> > It's his job to find fault with everything. I just happen to be very
> > good at finding faults with things.
>
> And apparently not very good at providing any constructive solutions.

As he says, it's not his job.

> > But no one appreciates my finding those faults.
>
> No one appreciates the tone in which you report these alleged faults,

Your tone is not so great either.

> necessarily agrees with the faults that you find, nor elected you
> system test engineer of the SQLite project.

It's an open source project, as you like to say.  Everyone is a test
engineer.

> > > standard as well. What's your position on that? Do some Googling and
> > > you can easily find 18 ways that Oracle's PL/SQL deviates from the
> > > standard. And T-SQL is plainly nowhere close.
> >
> > And how many of those systems use dynamic typing?
>
> And how many conform to the standard?

How many of those deviations are justified in their documentation by
the responsible parties claiming, in effect, that they're smarter than
the standard's designers?

It seems obvious to me that there should, at minimum, be an option to
turn this particular nonstandard behavior on and off.