License / Registration key enabled software

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEME.cybersource.com.au
Tue Sep 26 00:56:11 EDT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:54:58 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <1158951061.539594.164040 at i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, T wrote:
>
>> We all know that there are many softwares that require some license key
>> or registration key to enable them.  How does one implement something
>> like this in python?
>
> Reliably? Can't be done, in Python or any other language.

Of course it can -- you can rely on it to be cracked.

Oh the other hand, for some uses, a partial success is better than none at
all. (Personally, I don't believe that registration keys are necessarily
one of those, but that's not up to me to decide.)

--
Steven D'Aprano