does anybody earn a living programming in python?

Brad Allen bolderaft at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 12:41:34 EDT 2006

I'll attest that we have a shortage of Python developers in the Dallas
area; in the DFW Python user group (dfwpython.org) we occasionally
encounter local employers who have trouble finding local Python
developers who can take on new work. Most of the group members are
already employed, so the standard answer to the employer is to
recommend hiring experienced developers and train them in Python.
Unfortunately we've seen a few cases where the employer decided to
choose a different technology due to the lack of available Python
talent.  Hopefully this will abate as more programmers understand this
problem and become attracted to Python.

BTW, are some Python-specific job sites:

http://www.python.org/community/jobs/

http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.jobs

http://python.jobmart.com/