newbe's re question

MonkeeSage MonkeeSage at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 02:11:35 EDT 2006

Hi Eric,

Don't let people offput you from learning python. It's a great
language, and is fun to use. But really, George does have a point -- if
you want to learn python, then the best way is to swim with the tide
rather than against it. But still, don't worry too much about being
pythonic and whatnot (many people would disagree with me here), just
write the code that _you_ (and your team) feel the most comfortable
with, and helps you be the most productive. But again, many of the
conventional pythonic ways to do things are such because people have
tested various ways and found those to be the best. So don't just blow
off convention, either. Find a happy medium between your coding style
and the conventions, and then you'll really become as productive as you
can be. That's my opinion. And only my opinion. But if it helps you
too, that's good. :)

Ps. Do have a look at the tutorials and other guides available, they
should help you out alot (e.g., the regexp tutorial [1]).

[1] http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/regex/

Regards,
Jordan