Questions on Using Python to Teach Data Structures and Algorithms

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 11:23:25 EDT 2006

Going back to the original question, a related question: does anybody
know why there are so few books on data structures and algorithms that
use Python?

I remember that, at least ~ 12 years ago there were many (and very
good) books that used Pascal for this topic. So when I did my own
search for one in Python (just for my own consumption and
enlightnment) and could only find the same one as the original poster
of this thread [1], I was very surprised. No publishers have felt the
need to fill this gap?

Best,

R.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/486698/focus=486698
 "Data Structures and Algorithms with Object Oriented Design Patterns"
(http://www.brpreiss.com/books/opus7/html/book.html) and was surprised.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit