xmingw and f2py

Flavio fccoelho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 16:56:39 EDT 2006

Flavio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone tried to build extensions for win32 on Linux using xmingw?
>
> I need to use f2py to compile code for the win32 platform and I want to
> do this in Linux. I googled aroung but could not find any documentation
> on this.
>
> For those who dont know xmingw is a port to linux of  mingw.
>
> any help is appreciated.
>
> Flávio

Since no one has responded so far, I decide to put some more data  in
this thread to encourage some comments.

I have tried to compile  the fortran code with the following line:

f2py -c --compiler=/opt/xmingw/bin/i386-mingw32msvc-gcc
--f77exec=opt/xmingw/bin/i386-mingw32msvc-g77 -m flib flib.f

the error I get is like so:

error: don't know how to compile C/C++ code on platform 'posix' with
'/opt/xmingw/bin/i386-mingw32msvc-gcc' compiler

any comments?

Flávio