What does mod_python.publisher handler do?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Sep 4 02:24:20 EDT 2006

yaru22 wrote:
> I was reading Chapter 6.1 in mod_python manual at www.python.org.
>
> The manual simply says:
>
> The publisher handler is a good way to avoid writing your own handlers
> and focus on rapid application development.
>
> I still don't understand what this publisher handler is for.
>
> Can someone elaborate the above phrase with some examples please?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I think perhaps your reading of the documentation has been a little less
than assiduous. Does

     http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/hand-pub.html

make it any clearer? There the examples show you exactly how to use the
handler, and the point of providing it is to allow you to use mod_python
without going to the trouble of writing your own handler.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119