GC and security

Paul Rubin http
Fri Sep 1 01:18:21 EDT 2006

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:
> 	This is after they'd made an 11x14 enlargement of the "stolen"
> print, cleaned it up with a marker, reduced to life size, and etched
> onto printed circuit board to form a mold for making a latex "skin".
> Which, BTW, also fooled the lock.

I remember copying my own fingerprints with Elmer's glue when I was in
third grade or so (just put a layer of glue on your fingertip, let it
dry, and peel it off).  I've always wanted to test that method on
today's electronic scanners, but it worked (at least somewhat) for
leaving visible fake prints on things.  The prints would have had the
wrong oils and stuff so maybe Sherlock Holmes-level forensics could
have picked up the difference.