Strange behaviour of 'is'

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Sep 22 20:29:02 EDT 2006

Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> writes:

> Perfectly all right: you make the point very well that the behavior is
> an implementation artifact and not a language feature.

And for those who may be thinking "oh, so I can at least depend on the
behaviour within a particular implementation", that's wrong too:
implementations are free to (and most will) change that behaviour from
one object or assignment to the next, depending on what optimisation
choices are made.

--
 \           "He who allows oppression, shares the crime."  -- Erasmus |
  `\                             Darwin, grandfather of Charles Darwin |