python-database

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Mon Sep 4 00:40:05 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 21:30 -0700, sridhar wrote:
> is there any way to call stored procedures from python as in java?

I mostly use PostgreSQL, so perhaps it's different for some other
databases, but calling stored procedures doesn't require any special
support from the language or driver.  Usually you simply SELECT from the
stored procedure.

Also, you might be interested to know that with PostgreSQL you can also
*write* stored procedures in Python which I consider a huge plus.

Regards,
Cliff