getting quick arp request

seb sebastien.thur at laposte.net
Thu Sep 7 07:40:10 EDT 2006

Thank you all for the reply,

**************
More tests :
***************

1) I tried to input the D-word with the parameters and I did not see
anychanged (checked with process explorer. The limit of the
simultaneous connexion is always 10.

2)
I have applied the patch from
http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads .
I could see that this improved the simultaneous sockets up to roughly
50.
This is enough for me.

3)
Since during the scan the first protocol used (and packet capteures) is
using the arp protocol, the subject may be indeed a misnomer.

************
Question :
*************
1)
I am not fully confident to apply the patch from
http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads .on computers other than
mine.
Is there another solution ?

2)
Still without the above patch on windows, the software "angry ip scan"
for example managed to output a lot of more socket connection. How is
it possible ?

Regards.
Sebastien.