sgid and python programs

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Sep 20 22:23:46 EDT 2006

  Assuming one can't avoid  the need to set the group ID of a Python
program, is a wrapper program still considered the best way to do that?

the reason I ask is that a few years ago, I picked up a program that was
(and maybe still is) shipped with Python as a wrapper for sgid programs.
   I searched but Google still tells me as much now as it did then about
Python and changing the effective group ID (i.e. not very much).

Thanks for any council or advice on the matter.

---eric