Pythondocs.info : collaborative Python documentation project

Paddy paddy3118 at netscape.net
Sun Sep 17 01:20:07 EDT 2006

nicolasfr at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a bit disapointed with the current Python online documentation. I
> have read many messages of people complaining about the documentation,
> it's lack of examples and the use of complicated sentences that you
> need to read 10 times before understanding what it means.
>
> That's why I have started a collaborative project to make a user
> contributed Python documentation. The wiki is online here:
> http://www.pythondocs.info
>
> This is a fresh new website, so there's not much on it, but I hope to
> make it grow quickly. Help and contributions are welcome; Please
> register and start posting your own documentation on it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nicolas.
> -----
> http://www.pythondocs.info

I wonder about what is going wrong here. On the one hand we have
http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html with its "more than 300
tutorials", and on the other we have maybe too many people disgruntled
with the main Python documentation.

It seems people want to make better Python documentation and are
willing to put in the effort.
Maybe there is something broken in the process for contributing to the
official documentation?

Personally, I thought it was OK back in 199.... but I did program in
several other languages, including scripting languages, before Python.

- Paddy.