Parsing form input in a BaseHTTPServer

Ron Garret rNOSPAMon at flownet.com
Fri Sep 1 03:59:26 EDT 2006

I'm write a web server using BaseHTTPServer.  It can't be a CGI because
it has to do some weird server-push stuff as database updates come in.
But I still need to process form inputs as if it were a CGI.  But the
cgi module only works in a CGI environment.  Is there something with the
equivalent functionality of cgi.FieldStorage for parsing form input in a
non-CGI environment such as a BaseHTTPServer?  I looked at the cgi
module code but it looked like it was pretty heavily intertwingled with
the CGI environment variables.

Thanks,
rg