newbie IronPython compiled scripts speed question

dtlog agarwaengrc at blabla_yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 24 18:58:32 EDT 2006

> Learning to use Psyco is very easy, for a basic usage you just have to
> put in your code:
> import psyco
> psyco.full()
>
> For a better usage you can do:
> psyco.bind(functioname)
> for just the functions that you have seen can enjoy the compilation.
>
> For a smart usage you can learn few tricks to help its job. The last
> page of the psyco manual helps.
>
> pyinline is rather easy to use if you have linux and you know C.

thanks, I'll check out psyco's documentation, since unfortunately the
scripts will be run on a Windows box, and using a compiler other than
VC++ is not an option... on that note, is there a tutorial/guide on
making python (and therefore pyinline) aware of the VC++ compiler
installed on the machine so it can be used for automatic compilation?
Is a change in some configuration file, or a call of some function needed?