a different question: can you earn a living with *just* python?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 27 19:57:59 EDT 2006

"Michele Simionato" <michele.simionato at gmail.com> writes:

> John Salerno wrote:
> > But what if you are an expert Python program and have zero clue about
> > other languages?
>
> Well I want to play devil's advocate here, and I think that if you
> know Python you can earn your living. Heck, there are people knowing
> Visual Basic only that earn their living! ;)

The question of whether they can earn their living is separate from
the question of whether they are experts (though John Salerno asked
the one with the assumption of the other).

I submit that a programmer who knows *only* one programming language
can never be an expert in that language; it is only exposure to
multiple tools and ways of programming that can grow a one-trick pony
into an expert.

--
 \             "Today, I was -- no, that wasn't me."  -- Steven Wright |
Ben Finney