Talking to marketing people about Python

GHUM haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:15:48 EDT 2006

Roy Smith schrieb:

> Can anybody suggest some good material I can give to him which will help
> explain what Python is and why it's a good thing, in a way that a
> marketing/product management person will understand?

please also look for the "Python success stories"

There is also a aviation control system running with Python / using
Python bindings.

Google offers Python bindings and has employed the BDFL and at least
one ~bot. I think nobody would doubt that Google has the most knowledge
about online services - maybe there is something about Python?

You can also point out that Python is especially suited for secure
online applications, with more web frameworks than keywords it offers a
very high "security through diversity", as no single vulnerabilitie can
be exploited across a big enough ecosphere.

Harald