xlrd number of rows in worksheet (was: Re: Pre-defining an action to take when an expected error occurs)

Tempo bradfordh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 20:57:47 EDT 2006

It worked. Those two functions (usefulness_of_cells &
number_of_good_rows) seem to work flawlessly...knock on wood. I have
run a number of different Excel spreadsheets through the functions, and
so far the functions have a 100% acuracy rating. The acuracy rating is
based on the functions' returned number of cells containing text,
excluding a space as text,  against the actual, hand counted number of
cells with text. Thank you John Machin for all of your help. I am using
these two functions, with your name tagged to them both. Let me know if
that's a problem. Thank you again.