markup.py 1.5 - a lightweight HTML/XML generator

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 08:38:04 EDT 2006

> > A new release of markup.py is available at
> >
> > http://markup.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > The markup module is an intuitive, lightweight, easy-to-use,
> > customizable and pythonic HTML/XML generator. [...]
>
> It's more than only a bit confusing that there's also
>
> Markup: A toolkit for stream-based generation of markup for the web at
> http://markup.edgewall.org/ - basically a replacement for the Kid XHTML
> templating solution.
>
> At first I was confusing your project with the other package, which I
> was planning to give a try sooner or later.

Apparently markup.edgewall.org is redirected now to
genshi.edgewall.org and the name of that project became Genshi
recently, maybe exactly to avoid the confusion. Well, then this
problem has been taken care of :)

Thanks for the info anyway I quite frankly didn't know about this
other project. Perhaps I should add a note to the webpage clarifying
this.

Daniel