Python for Windows

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Fri Sep 1 18:05:29 EDT 2006

mistral wrote:
> Larry Bates писал(а):
>
>> mistral wrote:

>>> --------------------
>>> not sure how to make custom installer to install Python on windows. Is
>>> there some ready one?
>>> If msi installer modify just pair of keys, and not touch system files,
>>> then OK. Have it uninstaller also?
>
>>> mistral
>  ----------------------------------------------
>> If you really want to install Python on Windows, I would recommend that
>> you get ActiveState Python, it comes as .MSI installer and has
>> uninstaller.
>
>> http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/
>
>> It does minimal registry changes and I know of no system file changes
>> (but I could be wrong).  If you want to put a program written in python
>> on a workstation you don't have to put python on it.  Use py2exe to
>> package it and create an installer with Inno Setup.
>
>> -Larry
>

> ok, I just want run Python file, which will generate html file.
>
> mistral

py2exe removes the need to install python on a computer.  It packages
up your program in a way so that it can be installed as basically a
stand-alone application.  It will include the pythonxx.dll that is
needed, but not all the other support functions.  Add Inno Setup
to bundle the py2exe files that are needed and you get a single
setup.exe file that can be run to install your application on the
computer WITHOUT installing python at all.

-Larry Bates