best way of testing a program exists before using it?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Sep 12 12:46:28 EDT 2006

Tim Golden wrote:

> OK, I've never sent in a patch before (blushes for shame
> as he thinks of all the years he's been using Python). Would
> you mind pointing me towards some doc or post which tells
> me where to look and what to do. Should I checkout svn and
> patch against that? Or what?

there's no need to create patches for small documentation fixes: just
add a suggested replacement text to the bug tracker:

     http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470

if you want to make a proper patch, you'll find the official patch and
documentation guidelines here:

     http://www.python.org/patches/
     http://www.python.org/dev/doc/

</F>