Getting text into the copy-paste buffer...

David Hirschfield davidh at ilm.com
Tue Sep 5 14:54:18 EDT 2006

Strange request, but is there any way to get text into the linux
copy-paste buffer from a python script ?

I know the standard python libraries won't have that functionality
(except as a side-effect, perhaps?), but is there a simple trick that
would do it on linux? A command line to get text into the buffer? Using
a gui toolkit as a proxy to get text in there?

I actually have a need for this, though it sounds bizarre,
thanks in advance,
-Dave

--
Presenting: