Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?

Mike Owens mikeowens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 15:53:00 EDT 2006

On 12 Sep 2006 10:47:22 -0700, mensanator at aol.com <mensanator at aol.com> wrote:

> Why? I'm not requesting that dynamic typing be removed from
> sqlite. I'm not even requesting that the slander in the sqlite docs
> be removed. What I'm requesting is that these "features" of
> sqlite be better presented in the Python docs, hence, no posting
> to the sqlite list. Is that so hard to figure out?
>
> > Apparently,
> > you are too afraid to insult the SQLite community to its face, and
> > seek refuge on the Python list.
>
> I'm sure the sqlite community could care less about what appears
> in the Python documentation.

As a member of the SQLite community, your publicly denouncing SQLite
as "f***ing goofy", and it's creator as a crackpot, liar, and
slanderer, concerns at least me. And I would say that these comments
have no relation to what appears in the Python documentation.

In any case, I am thankful for these comments, as they speak volumes
about you. So much so, in fact, that I think neither you nor they pose
any real danger of being taken seriously by anyone new to Python or
SQLite. That being the case, I needn't continue with you.

If you ever want to have a constructive discussion about SQLite or any
of its features, or just need some general advice, please feel free to
join the mailing list. There are a lot of friendly people who would be
glad to help you out or consider to your suggestions.

Cheers.