Top and Bottom Values [PEP: 326]

Antoon Pardon apardon at forel.vub.ac.be
Thu Sep 28 09:35:03 EDT 2006

On 2006-09-28, Paul Rubin <http> wrote:
> Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:
>> > sys.maxint - 3 to sys.maxint + 7. I'm not sure tbl[:Top]
>> > would do what it is supposed to do in those circumstances.
>
>> Top = object()
>> class Table(list):
>
> Oh wait, I missed the : in your tbl[:Top] example.  Yeah, you could
> hair up Table to account for slices, I'll leave the exercise to you.

Yes, I could hair up Table, but that is missing the point somewhat.
The idea for provinding extreme values is that you don't have to
hair up the code.

In any case it seems I have my answer. I have some suggestions I can
try out, but writing up once own module for extreme values isn't as
easy as is suggested in the rejection of the PEP and there is probably
very little chance to get the PEP reopened.

--
Antoon Pardon