A critique of cgi.escape

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Sep 26 02:46:33 EDT 2006

Jon Ribbens wrote:
> In article <mailman.585.1159204290.10491.python-list at python.org>, Brian Quinlan wrote:
>
>>>Now you're just being ridiculous. In this thread you have been rude,
>>>evasive, insulting, vague, hypocritical, and have failed to answer
>>>substantive points in favour of sarcastic and erroneous sniping - I'd
>>>suggest it's you that needs to worry about being taken seriously.
>>
>>Actually, at least in the context of this mailing list, Fredrik doesn't
>>have to worry about that at all. Why? Because he is one of the most
>>prolific contributers to the Python language and libraries
>

> I would have hoped that people don't treat that as a licence to be
> obnoxious, though. I am aware of Fredrik's history, which is why I
> was somewhat surprised and disappointed that he was being so rude
> and unpleasant in this thread. He is not living up to his reputation
> at all. Maybe he's having a bad day ;-)

I generally find that Fredrik's rudeness quotient is satisfactorily
biased towards discouraging ill-informed comment. As far as rudeness
goes, I've found your approach to this discussion to be pretty
obnoxious, and I'm generally know as someone with a high tolerance for
idiotic behaviour.

If your intention was to troll you could not have crafted your
contributions in a better way.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119