Interact with system command prompt

billie gnewsg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:08:27 EDT 2006

Hi all. I would like to know if there's some python framework able to
interact with system command prompt (cmd.exe or /bin/sh, depending on
the system) from python.
I need something that supports key/path auto completion by pressing TAB
button and the possibility to use interactive programs like ftp, gpg or
even vi.
I would like to write a remote shell application the best featured as
possible and I'm wondering if Python is able to emulate the
functionalities of applications like telnet or ssh.

Thanks in advance for your helping.