Program to backtrack function calls in source code?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 17:05:14 EDT 2006

On 2 Sep 2006 13:53:21 -0700, forum at anton.e4ward.com
<forum at anton.e4ward.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Dear Anton,

> Is there a program
> that can extract all place in the source code where a variable is
> accessed or a function called?

I've been dealing with these issues lately too. You might want to
check pypesrc (http://www.jimbrooks.org/web/hypersrc/pypersrc.php).
Alternatively, and especially if you want to use these utilities from
vim or emacs, and want support for other languages in addition to
Python, you can use  exuberant ctags and idutils (I've just added some
python support to idutils). I have some additional information on
these issues at http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/idutils-et-al.html.

HTH,

R.

--